Here it is, middle of the week, Hump day. And from the top of that hump, here’s what I see. Berry Patch Socks – – in progress. Cardigan – – in progress, though kinda snoozin’ now since it’s been untouched in the knitting bag for a couple of weeks. Mid-month dishcloth KAL is on the needles at Day 2 (yesterday was Day 6). Still need to vacuum and finish with laundry. BB comes home in 6 or 7 hours. Sigh. Think I need a kick-start before the day is done.
That Palindrome scarf in the hateful yarn? I’ve pulled it back to a 5″ length (from 8″) and cast it off to try washing it once or twice and see how it reacts. I’m not going to make the scarf though; not in the Bernat Alpaca. I considered a fleece-lined neck warmer instead but am now thinking lined mittens. Will probably use a fleece liner rather than a knitted one, for speed’s sake if nothing else. I might need those mittens sooner than I’d planned.
As a treat to myself last night, I gathered the supplies for the Tilta Swift, as mentioned earlier.
Then I put it all together, as per the directions on the website. The empty dishwasher detergent container replaced a cardboard box, the pasta was a stabilizer and I used 4 extra clothespins.
To the uninitiated, I’m sure this looks weird, but to any knitter with a hank of yarn, this looks COOL!
Once it was together I couldn’t be bothered finding the “perfect” place to set up the ball winder; I was in the kitchen and so was everything else. Naturally, there was no “perfect” place – until I removed a drawer. Game on!
Unfortunately I can’t load the video I took of the swift and ball winder in action. Will try to get it up and running soon – it’s very cool.
A few minutes of work and my 3 hanks of Berroco Softwist now look like this
That swift is the most brilliant thing I’ve seen in ages. And I’m tickled every time I watch it do its thing – ’cause I made it!